Intellinet is aware of the recently discovered security vulnerability in the widely used WPA2 protocol that makes it possible for attackers to eavesdrop on wireless traffic. This vulnerability affects some Intellinet WiFi products. We have requested assistance from the chipset manufacturers of our wireless access points, router hardware and WiFi adapters. The firmware and driver updates that we receive will be made available immediately.
In the meantime, please take the following important actions to help protect your privacy:
1. Intellinet wireless access points, wireless range extenders and wireless routers that are operating in regular access point mode (standard) are not affected by the KRACK attack. However, we do not recommend running unpatched access points and wireless routers in bridge or repeater mode.
2. Intellinet highly recommends the use of encrypted communications protocols such as SSL (HTTS) or VPN, especially when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
3. Use 3/4G connections on mobile phones or tablets whenever possible and avoid the use of WiFi.
4. Install updates and patches for your WiFi clients as soon as possible. These devices include smart phones, tablets, 2-in-1s, laptops/desktops with wireless adapters and WiFi-enabled products such as security cameras. Common forms of security improvement include driver and operating-system updates.
5. Limit the range of your WiFi network by reducing the power output of the access point or wireless router (when possible), thus limiting physical access to your network.
Please check back here for updates.
Intellinet, October 19th, 2017